Repro Photo4 B_TableSpinningWheelcDavidBryant2020

Tabletop spinning wheel built by David Bryant adapted from a spinning wheel designed by John Jameson of York, England (c. 1780–1802).

A rectangular table with four turned posts that support a turned rectangular framework. Two short posts hold the drive wheel, with eight turned spokes. A handle is attached to the hub of the drive wheel. The mother-of-all, which fits onto the left end of the frame, holds the bobbin/flyer mechanism. It is controlled by a threaded screw set into the end of the frame. One short support arm set into table holds the water cup and another longer one holds the distaff.